HathyBeauty.com. Whether you have actually a culinarily challenged partner or ferocious teenagers to feed, I assume having some healthy fridge freezer meals and ready to be rewarmed is essential for insane nights when you’re away or are hurried to obtain a meal on the table. This is just what I chatted with Marilyn Denis about for my November appearance right here when I shared my dish for tasty gluten-free meatloaf muffins.
But there are a couple of things you need to learn about freezer meals like these meatloaf muffins. Here are my leading five tips for successful freezing:
- Awesome foods for a few minutes on the counter, after that put in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs before you put them in the freezer. Hot foods will certainly raise the temperature level of your freezer and put all your other food in the “danger area” for bacterial growth.
- Do not refreeze foods you already iced up and also thawed. This is a food safety threat as bacteria can grow with each cycle of cold and also thawing.
- Assume in tiny parts. Because you shouldn’t refreeze thawed out food, I always make solitary dimension parts to ensure that I just need to thaw out the section I need and also not squander food I can’t use.
- Always use proper freezer bags. Likewise, if you understand it’s going to be greater than a couple of weeks before you get to it, cover with plastic or tin foil as well before placing the food guaranteed.
- Tag that food! In general, you have about three months for most people Icy prepare food so it is important for you to have a date when you put it in there.
You know my meatloaf muffins are a breeze to freeze, however exactly what else does as well as does not freeze well?
Doesn’t Freeze Well:
- Raw or cooked eggs
- Veggies that are high in water like lettuces or natural herbs
- Any kind of sauces or sauces that are thickened with flour or cornstarch (they separate).
- Prepared potatoes (all of us recognize this one).
- Cooked pasta (resorts to mush so if freezing lasagna, freeze it raw).
- Mayo and any salads made with them (potato or egg salad).
- The majority of low-fat dairy products doesn’t work well- yogurt, lotion cheese, home cheese.
- Anything with jelly.
- Unwhipped cream.
- Soups, stews or child food.
- Buttercream icing on cakes.
- Grated cheese.
- Blanched veggies.
- Raw dough.
- Shelled nuts.
I was just recently on Marilyn Denis where I whipped up 2 of my favorite fridge freezer meals and wanted to discuss them with you all.
Meatloaf Muffins with Southwestern Flare.
These meatloaf muffins are really based on my regular loaf pan sized Meatloaf dish yet I made them into adorable little muffins to make sure that they can be iced up independently and also you could simply rewarm the part you require. This is very important because if I were to freeze an entire meatloaf as well as simply want a little piece for dinner or snack, I would certainly need to thaw out the entire damn thing. Not just does that take more time, yet please refer to tip 2 above.
You could change your preferred meatloaf recipe right into meatloaf muffins muffin, simply just readjust down the food preparation time. I like this Mexican variation because I make use of above ground fiber oats, as well as I minimize down the catsup because I possess obtained lots of flavor from the salsa, chipotle in adobo, corn and also pepper. Oh yes, and we can not forget that beautiful dropping of cheese- that really makes these babies interesting.
What are your really going to freezer dishes? Have you tried making these meatloaf muffins?
FRIDGE FREEZER FRIENDLY HEALTHY GLUTEN FREE SOUTHWESTERN MEATLOAF MUFFINS.
- 1 tsp cooking oil.
- 1/2 mug icy corn.
- 1/4 mug red bell pepper, carefully diced.
- 1/4 mug onion, finely diced.
- 1 entire egg, defeated.
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Gluten Free Oats.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp mild salsa.
- 1 chipotle adobo sauce (with sauce), finely chopped.
- 1/4 cup ketchup, separated.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef.
- Pinch each of salt as well as pepper.
- 1/4 mug old cheddar, carefully grated.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Warm the oil in a tiny nonstick skillet over medium-high warm. Include the corn, bell pepper, and onion as well as sauté up until clear, concerning 5 minutes. Reserve to cool.
- In a big dish, combine the egg whites, oats, salsa, chipotle, 2 tablespoon of ketchup, the beef, the prepared veggies and a big pinch each of salt and also pepper. Mix up until well incorporated.
- Utilizing an ice cream scoop, split the combination into 12 gently oiled muffin tins. Top with the staying 2 tablespoons of catsup using a brush and sprinkle with celebrity.
- Bake for 25 mins or till an immediate read thermostat reads 160 F.
- To freeze, remove them from the muffin tin by cut around the tin. Place on a tray lined with wax paper and cover with cling wrap chill until cold. Location in the freezer for 1-2 hours or till iced up. After that, you could transfer to a fridge freezer bag that you identify with the day.
- When ready to consume, you can re-bake the muffins from frozen for 10-11 min at 425 F or pop in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.