Straightforward, healthy and balanced snacking
One of my pals shared that she utilizes a “treat container” to hold prepped, healthy snacks that her family could eat on-the-go.
( A fantastic and also simple suggestion, right?).
I’ve been making use of a container in our refrigerator and also it’s outstanding how many vegetables and fruits I consume when they’re prepped ahead of time. I could grab one (or 2 or 3) when I’m headed out the door. As well as my 2-year-old son could assist herself whenever she’s starving.
The snack bin is a good fortune for the whole family members. Invest 10 mins over the weekend break prepping snacks, and also I excel to go for the rest of the week!
Below’s exactly what we’re snacking on today:
– Baby carrots.
– Red grapes.
– Path mix (Yes, I realize this is only semi-healthy.).
I utilize this idea from Food Lush to keep my berries fresh for days: Wash berries in a blend of one part vinegar (white or apple cider vinegar) and 10 parts water. You can not taste the vinegar at all and also it will maintain your berries from getting musty so rapidly.
Other enjoyable treat suggestions::
– Red pepper pieces.
– Pineapple “sticks” (these would certainly be great for “baby-led weaning”).
– Sliced up cantaloupe.
– Peeled, hard-boiled eggs.
– Little containers of peanut butter as well as hummus for dipping.
– Homemade spiced carrot muffins.
– Homemade peanut butter healthy protein spheres.
– Graham crackers.
If you’re really feeling really daring, you can prep a container for your kitchen as well.