My morning meal bowls beginning with a bed of skilled, baked potatoes, and afterward are topped with a little salsa, rushed eggs, and cheese. You might include some sautéed morning meal sausage or fallen apart bacon if you want, I just didn’t take place to have any type of on hand (both bacon and sausage freeze well). I wish I would certainly have considered eco-friendly onions because they would certainly have been fantastic on this.
So, make a set of these on Sunday evening as well as you have actually got breakfast covered for the week. Maintain them in your refrigerator or freezer until you stray right into your kitchen area all bleary-eyed from rest, then just pop one in the microwave till it’s hot and you’re golden.
1 hour 20 minutes.
– 3 lbs. russet potatoes $1.67.
– 1 Tablespoon olive oil $0.16.
– 1 tsp smoked paprika $0.10.
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder $0.03.
– 1/2 tsp salt $0.03.
– Freshly fractured pepper $0.03.
– 9 big eggs $1.49.
– 2 Tbsp butter $0.29.
– 1 1/2 mugs salsa $1.49.
– 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese $1.94.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 levels. Clean as well as cut the potatoes into one-inch cubes. The area the potato dices in a big bowl and also add the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, as well as some freshly split pepper. Throw the potatoes till they are well coated in oil as well as flavoring.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and also give it a light spritz of non-stick spray. Spread out the potatoes out over the baking sheet so they are in a single layer. If they do not fit, prepare a 2nd baking sheet and also split the potatoes in between the two. Roast the potatoes in the preheated stove for 45min to one hour, or up until they are tender as well as golden brownish. Stir the potatoes when about halfway through.
3. When the potatoes are close to being completed, split the eggs into a large dish and also gently blend them. Melt butter in a pan over medium-low warmth. When the butter is melted, pour in the eggs. Delicately relocate the eggs to the skillet until they are mainly strong but still moist in appearance. Beware not to over chef the eggs now because they will prepare additionally after reheating the breakfast bowls.
4. To prepare the bowls, split the baked potatoes between six fridge freezer secure containers. Add 1/4 mug of salsa to each container. Divide the clambered eggs among the 6 containers then leading with around 1/4 mug of shredded cheese.
5. Chill the bowls in the fridge prior to moving to the fridge freezer. Or, leave them in the refrigerator if you prepare to eat them within 5-6 days.